Sunday 13 March 2016

Harry Potter Book Tag!

Hey there,

As you would easily realise if you've read much of my blog, I am completely and utterly obsessed with Harry Potter and have been since before I can remember! So what better way to celebrate my love for the boy who lived than to do a tag based solely on him!! Enjoy.

1. What is your favourite book?
This has changed frequently over the years, but at the moment I'd say it's a tie between Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hallows. Goblet of Fire I love for all of the excitement over the Triwizard Tournament, and so many little aspects that are included in that book are super relevant for the tale later on. Deathly Hallows is just incredible in how so much is explained and finally linked together, it seriously blows my mind every time I read it!!

2. What is your favourite film?
For a long time it was Order of the Phoenix, but at the moment I think probably Prisoner of Azkaban. I'm not sure what it is, I'm just loving it lately!!

3. What is your least favourite book?
Ahhh how can I choose??? Maybe Chamber of Secrets? But I seriously cannot choose, I love them all so much.

4. What is your least favourite film?
Again, maybe Chamber of Secrets, but please don't make me choose.

5. Parts of the books/films that made you cry.
This list could go on forever. Dumbledore's death, Dobby's death, Sirius' death, Hedwig's death, Moody's death. And the ultimate. Fred's death.

6. If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?
Ron Weasley. Absolutely.

7. Who is your favourite character?
It's hard for me to decide between Ron and Hermione. Throughout my childhood, Hermione was always such an inspiration, as she is to so many girls, proving that it's okay to love reading, and love school. So even when I was being picked on a bit for being a "nerd" I could go home and read Harry Potter and be reminded by Hermione that it was okay. Lately I have also being really appreciating Ron, and I feel like we have so much in common, always bringing out the humour in a situation and being a loyal friend.

8. Who is your least favourite character?
I think probably Peter Pettigrew. He betrays the people who were meant to be his best friends, and is so weak and lacking in bravery that he turns to the dark side.

9. What is your least favourite line?
In all honesty, I cannot think of any line that I dislike in a Harry Potter book, let alone that I could deem my least favourite line!

10. What would your patronus be?
Well I took the buzzfeed quiz and it said a hare like Luna, but I actually think it would be a dog. My most important value is loyalty and what animal is more loyal than a dog?

11. If you could have the resurrection stone, the elder wand, or the invisibility cloak, which would it be?
Definitely the invisibility cloak. The resurrection stone and the elder wand both terrify me a bit, and how cool would it be wandering around undetected?? You could sneak into all sorts of cool places!

12. Which house would you be in?
I've changed a few times over the years, initially being a Ravenclaw, then a Gryffindor for a while, but I think I have now found my true place. I took the most recent Pottermore sorting quiz and I am officially a... HUFFLEPUFF!!

13. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?
Aaah that is so hard, but I would have to go with Emma Watson. She is such an inspiration, not only with her acting but also her involvement with the UN which I am extremely interested in, having studied international relations at uni. #feminist always.

14. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?
I think I'd follow in Harry's footsteps and be a seeker. It just seems like it'd be so much fun, roaming around, keeping my eye out for the tiny snitch that could win your team the match.

15. Were you happy with the ending?
Absolutely. To be honest, anything J. K. Rowling writes I am happy with, but I feel like it was a beautiful way to end the story with Harry in the place he'd always dreamed of being - with a family that loves him.

16. How much does Harry Potter mean to me? 
I cannot even put it into words. It is not only my childhood, it is a part of who I am and has massively shaped me into the person I am today.

Let me know in the comments how Harry Potter has influenced you, and what is your favourite book?

Love always,

Ari

6 comments:

  1. I used to big a huge Harry Potter fan from when I was little to the end of my high school years. I have a brother and a sister and we always had to take turns reading each book as they finally came out. Fond memories... they will always have a place in my heart. My favourite book was probably the last book, or maybe the Order of the Phoenix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I've never read Harry Potter books. Nor have I seen the movies. Don't hate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that's okay, it's never to late to give them a go!! I understand they're not for everyone though xx

      Delete
  3. I love this tag! I may have to steal it from you if that's okay :D

    I don't think I could pick Deathly Hallows to be my favourite anything, simply because of all the deaths in it. I mean, it's an incredible story, but she killed off all my favourite characters! :( They always make me tear up, haha.

    Also, I think my Patronus would be a sloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I'd love to read yours!! Ohh that is true, so so many tears were shed! Haha sloth is such a good patronus. xx

      Delete