Monday 28 March 2016

Happy Easter, And Some Of My Favourite TV Shows!

Hi all!

Whether you celebrate it or not, I hope you've had a wonderful Easter weekend!

I've come home from college for my midsemester break, which is one week long, and it's so nice and relaxing to be home! I'm so excited to be able to just cuddle up with my dogs (I have two adorable toy poodles!) and read my book or watch TV shows with my mum.

I know this is primarily a book blog, but being in the holiday mood I've been thinking about some of my favourite TV shows, and thought I'd share them with you!!

So, in no particular order, here they are:

Reign
As most of my favourite shows are, Reign is a perfect one for historical fiction lovers! It's based loosely on the story of Mary, Queen of Scots while she is in France, engaged to and eventually married to King Francis II. It's super dramatic, with a sort of Gossip Girl like vibe, which I actually adore! Who doesn't love a bit of historical fiction mixed with drama, right!! The acting in this is great, and while it's totally historically inaccurate, the storyline is super fun and exciting and I absolutely adore it.

Shadowhunters
I've written a full discussion on my thoughts on Shadowhunters, and while I do have quite a few issues with it, I'm still really enjoying it. Because I am such a loyal fan of the books, I will be watching however many seasons they release. Sure, the acting and script writing isn't great but it's still super fun!! Also, Matthew Daddario. Need I say more.

Outlander
I'm sure I don't need to explain this one, if you've read my blog before you'll know that I'm absolutely obsessed with Outlander. I also have a discussion of the show and book if you're interested on more detailed thoughts. Outlander is based on a woman named Clare, who is on a second honeymoon with her husband in the Scottish highlands after WWII, when she is transported back in time to the 1700s! So incredible, if you haven't read the book, please please do and check out the show, they are both absolutely amazing!!

Downton Abbey
I've adore Downton Abbey since it first came out. Again, being a history nerd and lover of anything UK, I find it so relaxing and heartwarming sitting down to watch Downton Abbey. If you haven't seen it before, it follows an upper class family in England from around WWI as the country begins to become modernized, and the whole idea of aristocracy is dying out. Again, super dramatic, with amazing characters and acting and I just love it.

Escape to the Country/Continent
Finally, Escape to the Country is mine and my mum's favourite thing to watch together when I come home for holidays. There is nothing better than lying on my couch with mum and the dogs, a cup of tea in hand and checking out all the houses!

Let me know in the comments if you did anything exciting on the long weekend. Also, tell me if you like any of these shows, or what your all-time favourite shows are!

Love always,

Ari

12 comments:

  1. I've actually looking forward to watching Reign at some point and I love how you compare it to Gossip Girl! Not sure whether I'd pick up Shadowhunters because I wasn't a fan of the movie/books. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great, you'll love it! And fair enough, Shadowhunters probably won't be your thing if you're not a fan of the books. xx

      Delete
  2. I am absolutely hooked on House of Cards. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't watched it yet! Need to get onto that.

      Delete
  3. I'm actually happy that Downton Abbey is finally over. After Mary's husband died it was just dragging on and on and on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, he was one of my absolute favourite characters :'( It for sure reaches that point when it's time for shows to stop. xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter to you too! I'm waiting until the summer for Shadowhunters to finish the season so that I can binge watch them all. I haven't heard of the other ones, and I'll definitely have to take a look!
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea, I'm sure you'll have great fun watching them!! xx

      Delete
  5. I have yet to watch the shadowhunters TV show. I do love the books but I still need to read the last one. Some part of me feels the need to do that before I'm allowed to watch the show. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair enough, they're definitely interweaving aspects of all of the books into the show! Also if you haven't read Lady Midnight yet, do that too after the last TMI book! It's incredible!! xx

      Delete
  6. I JUST WATCHED REIGN BEFORE I CAME TO YOUR POST. I was half watching Reign, half commenting on blogs, and then I saw your post and I was like :OO
    I really love Reign - it's such a good show, and I'm honestly so interested in that period of time now!! :D
    I also agree with Shadowhunters - I find some parts really eh, but I quite like the way the plot is going (even though there are certain plot holes) because it's so different to the book, and of course, MALEC <3
    Geraldine | Corralling Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool!! It's great, hey! And I love that time in history too, it's so interesting.
    I know right, Malec is life!! xxx

    ReplyDelete