Saturday 12 March 2016

How To Read More Often

Hey!

So being a uni student, and involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities, I understand that it can sometimes be difficult to have time to read as much as you might like.
However, over the years I've figured out a few ways of maximising my time throughout the day to read as much as possible, and I thought it was a good idea to share some of these with you guys!

(A lot of this is related to being a university student, as that's the experience I have, but some can definitely be useful for those of you who work full-time or are at school!)

Read before bed
This is a bit of an obvious one, but I thought I'd mention it anyway. As with many book lovers, my favourite time to read is right before I go to sleep. It's a way to release any stresses of the day and disappear into a wonderful bookish world that you can dream about afterwards! Not to mention it's much better for you than being on your phone right before bed time!

Read on public transport
Living on campus at my university, this doesn't really apply to me on a daily basis, but if you need to catch a bus or train to and from school or uni, this is a perfect time to get some reading done! It's also such a lovely way to start and finish the day with a relaxing reading session.

Read before and in between lectures
I often arrive at lectures and tutorials at uni 10 or so minutes early, and make sure I have a book along with me to read until it begins. In two hour lectures, my lecturers tend to give us a short break - another opportunity to have a relax and read! Also, those of you who don't live on campus and sometimes need to wait around at uni in between classes can find a comfy spot in a library and read away that spare time!

Read as a study break
I especially love to do this in exam periods - when you're in an intense study block, you can break up your sessions with little 10 minute or so breaks that can be spent making a cup of tea and letting your brain relax with an enjoyable read for a while. Personally, I find reading really revitalising, especially young-adult novels which are often easy to get into. So a perfect way to have a quick refresher from your study!

Read while you eat breakfast
I did this SO much during high school (often resulting in a crazy rush to get to school!). There's nothing better than getting a cup of tea and some toast and curling up on the couch with a book to start your day the right way!!

I hope some of these tips are helpful for you busy folk! Please let me know in the comments if you have any tips of your own for fitting in extra reading time during the week.

Love always,

Ari

4 comments:

  1. Awesome reminder - I've gotten out of the habit of reading everywhere, and my reading has slowed down quite a bit. I could definitely take some time and read before bed every night.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit like that last semester! Glad this helped :) xx

      Delete
  2. Read while blow drying your hair.
    Read while you're at the gym.
    Haha!

    Great tips, Ari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, any chance you can get!! Thanks so much! xx

      Delete