Monday 21 March 2016

My Favourite Places To Read

Hi!!

Along with my How to read more often post, I thought it would be interesting to discuss my favourite PLACES to read, and hear if we have any in common!! Some of them are pretty random, but nonetheless I adore them all!

So here is a list of my top places for settling down with a good book:

IN BED

The obvious one! Who doesn't love curling up in bed under your quilt with a steaming mug of tea or hot chocolate (I'm not a coffee fan!) and a snack, with your pet on your lap and a wonderful novel in your hands!! My absolute favourite place to be.

IN THE BATH

Another pretty classic one, having a bath and reading are my two favourite ways of relaxing and winding down after a long, stressful day so there's nothing better than combining the two! Unfortunately I don't have a bath at college though, so I have to wait for my holidays at home to enjoy this luxury now.

ON A PICNIC RUG OUTSIDE

On the more random side, I absolutely love reading outside, lying on a picnic rug in the sunshine! As I live on a bit of acreage, I can do this in my backyard next to my dam, underneath the eucalyptus trees (classic Australia!). It's just super relaxing, especially in Winter when you can rug up in a jumper and get warm from the sun.

AT UNI

Another slightly odd one, I actually really enjoy reading while I wait for lecturers to arrive at uni. It gives my mind a break from work, and I often completely forget I'm even at uni!!

UP A TREE

This is something I don't do so much now, but did all the time when I was at high school. In my backyard there are these trees that are perfect for climbing, and I would always go there after school with my book and climb right to the top to read for a good hour or so. It felt like I was in a completely different world up there, away from all the school work and drama! Super weird I know, haha!!

Let me know in the comments where your favourite places to read are, I'd love to know! Especially if you have some super random ones like me!!

Love always,

Ari

22 comments:

  1. Love this! And reading up in a tree is just so sweet. I sometimes wish we were back as kids so we can do that all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there were many big trees where I live! That would be so peaceful. I'm too scared to read in the bath, I'm very clumsy haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always worries me that I'd get my book wet haha!! That would be the worst!

      Delete
  3. Reading in bad is something I've never managed to master. I love reading in bed, in the car (even if it makes me carsick) and in public transport. I always bring something with a kindle app with me so I can read whenever I like. I wish I could have read in a tree, that sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun! And I'm like you, I get a bit carsick if I read sometimes but still try all the same!!

      Delete
  4. I have never read up in a tree, I have wanted to but never had a climbing tree in my yard..... I love to read in bed as well. I also love to read outside in a nice comfortable chair in the sunshine, or hammock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah yes hammocks are so great to read in!! That sounds lovely xx

      Delete
  5. What a fun post! I agree with all the places you've listed, although my favorite is definitely in bed with my cat curled up on my lap!
    Another favorite spot of mine is my window seat! i have two big windows with a window seat underneath them and some comfy pillows. On snowy days it's my favorite!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've always wanted to have a window seat in my house, that would be amazing!! Also wish it snowed where I live in Australia, not likely haha! xx

      Delete
  6. I can totally relate to reading in bed and at uni while waiting for lectures to start! I also have a tendency to read on the floor, just because sometimes I'm overcome with the urge to read the book right there, and I have no time to find a chair!
    Great post! :)
    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can understand that! The floor can be comfy too!! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  7. Reading in a tree is SO Alice in Wonderland of you (the Disney version anyway). I love it!! I could never read in the bath. I would definitely drop my book in water... can just see that happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww that's true, I never thought of that!! That is the constant fear! xx

      Delete
  8. I love reading outdoors, but only when it's overcast. Too much sun gives me a headache. I also like to read on my reading chair, but not in bed because I tend to fall asleep soon after. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, too much sun can be bad! Haha I totally understand that!! xx

      Delete
  9. I've always been baffled by people who manage to read in the bath without ruining their books. HOW DO YOU DO IT?

    Also, I love the idea of reading up a tree. It sounds so cosy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it can be a struggle, but is so relaxing!! xx

      Delete
  10. Hahaha I usually mainly read in bed. I also do read in Starbucks, but not as much as I used to (There is a Starbucks at my college).

    So, reading in a bath seems scary! What happens if you drop your book or your kindle! It does sound relaxing though. I don't have a bath as of right now, but I do have one in my parents house, and I'm sure I'll have one in my next apartment!

    I get REALLY distracted when I'm outside. I want to read outside more, but I would only be able to do it if I am sitting in a comfy chair or something!

    Awesome post Ari! I like reading anywhere where there are candles :) And comfy pillows and something to lean back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I wish there was a Starbucks at my college!! It is a scary thought, I've never been unlucky enough to drop my book yet though *touches wood*
      I wish I could have candles in my room at college, I miss my cinnamon scented candles so much!! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  11. Reading in bed and in the bath is my favourite thing to do! Most of the time I read on the bus or on the couch lol, I get too comfy in my bed and tend to fall asleep while reading! That's pretty cool how you used to climb up trees and read there though!

    ReplyDelete